Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gatsby.

Today I had this urge to watch The Great Gatsby. I love the story because it's tragic and it just goes to show how much love can blind you. I love happy endings as much as the next person, but I feel like when you have an amazing love sometimes it's bound to get messy. Not everyone can live happy ever after, which is why I like Gone With The Wind, The Great Gatsby, and Casablanca. They may all end up apart, but they had an epic romance and are all beautifully tragic. I find that I can relate to Gatsby, in the way of being your own enemy. I end up being my own demise all the time, just as Gatsby was.

"He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it." - F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)

No comments:

Post a Comment