Monday, March 8, 2010

My Photography And The Roads I Could Take It Down.

There are so many aspects of photography. I keep trying to master it and excel in each aspect, but then I'll realize there's another aspect that I've either ignored or never thought about. I have one of those personalities that makes me want to do everything at once, but sadly I cannot. Lately I've been so focused on trying to make my pictures more dynamic and more different so they stick out. But then the other day I was talking to Jeff (who was sitting beside me on my flight home from Calgary) and he was telling me about how he feels the most successful pictures are the ones people can relate to. And he's right. If you cant relate to it then you wont understand it. I love looking at things I don't understand because it lets me know I have many things to learn still and also I like to try and understand it anyways. But that's just me. Most people probably hate looking at something they don't understand. So now when I look through all the pictures I took in Calgary, or any that I have taken in general, there's none that anyone could relate to. So now I have about a million and one projects that I need to shoot. The worst part is that it's killing me a little. I have all these ideas and I'm almost afraid I'll forget what it is I want to do. I mean sure I write them down, but there's always something you forget to write down. My thoughts are consumed in these ideas I have. I wish I had all the time in the world to devote to photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment