Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today Was A Crappy Day.

So among getting totally ripped apart by my teacher, breaking my glasses, finding out my dog has fleas, I also got a phone call from my ex boyfriend. I broke up with him recently and he hasn't talked to me since. That is, until last weekend when he told me over Facebook chat, yes I too thought it was very casual in a good way, that he was now "okay" and that he wanted to be friends again. So since he had decided to be casual about this, I could only assume that he was ready to be friends again, which made me happy because I like having him as a friend. You would think that I would learn by now that just because someone says they want to be friends, it doesn't mean that they just want to be friends. But no, I once again chose to be blind. So today I posted a Facebook status simply saying that I had a crappy day and within about a minute, literally, I got a phone call from none other than the man himself. He wanted to check on me and see how I was. But this led to more talking and he took advantage of this weak moment and used it to his advantage. By the end of this conversation I determined two things. The first is that he and I will never be friends again. He will always want more. The second is that I have forgotten my rule about Facebook. I made a rule about a year and a half ago to limit the amount of information I put onto Facebook. If I put too much information or if I post a status that is too informative about my feelings, thoughts, emotions, or whereabouts then I will pay the price. Someone will always use that information in a negative way. So once again I must crawl back into a hole of self knowledge and limit who knows what. I let my guard down and I instantly got reminded of what happens when I do. I wont be letting my guard down again any time soon. Oh , I also forgot to mention that I am on a guy time out. Yes that's right, I've decided to take this whole next session and focus on myself. I think it'll be a nice change, though there have been doubts. Some say I wont last, but I'm determined this time. If for no other reason than the fact that I really just need an emotional break. I don't care how relaxed, open, commitment free a relationship is, there's always drama. Even just casually dating a guy is overly stressful. So for now I'm just going to focus on what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment