Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Pressure Is On.

Why is it when you have all the time in the world, you become road blocked? But when you have a solid hour to do way more than you can, you become inspired. It's crazy! So I just applied to the Art Center College Of Design and I have to say, my essay answers were damn good...I hope. But I'm also applying to the Brooks Institute. I didn't fill out my application for Brooks yet though because I'm not too sure which concentration I want. They have so many amazing programs to choose from. Right now I've narrowed it down to Portraiture or Photo Media. Portraiture would be good because I love people and I would love to learn every aspect of taking portraits. But Photo Media would be good because I love learning about digital post-production and it covers photography, film, and the computer. So i'd get to learn all aspects which would be amazing. Job wise I have no idea which one would be better. But my friend gave me the advice to worry about the job later. Go to school for what I want and then find a job with the skills I have. But I still have no idea which one to pick. So I have to set up meetings with both schools. So hopefully I hear from them soon and I can stop worrying about school so much. I'm obsessing over it and I know it's going to drive me mad.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Your friend gave good advice - "Go to school for what I want and then find a job with the skills I have." One of the great things about a college education is that you can enter the school with an open mind and explore all the different areas of photography that interest you. Your passion will become apparent as you work in different areas and you will be able to determine what specialty to enter after completing the foundation coursework.

    If you want more information on concentrations at Brooks Institute, email me at smiles at brooks.edu (use the @ sign) I am the Professional Photography Program Director.

    Scott Miles

    ReplyDelete