Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Without Suffering, No Compassion.

To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best.
William Makepeace Thackeray (1811-1863)

I wish we could all win. Everyone deserves someone. I wish life was fair and that everyone could be happy all the time. I've been told that without suffering, there's no compassion. But we wouldn't need compassion then, so why does that matter? We love people for who they are, not for what they've been through. I think the most unfair thing is to love and then lose that love. I know people have said that it's the opposite, but I don't understand why. Wouldn't it be better to be kept in the dark then? That way you wouldn't know what your missing. When you love and then loose, it's as if your body and mind are under a constant attack. Your mind wanders, your body shakes and feels weak, and your heart aches. It feels like you should stop breathing because each breath hurts a little more. I mean the memories are great, but it hurts more to know that we wont have anymore. I wouldn't give up those memories now that I have them, but If I had a choice before and I knew the ending, I would have chosen not to have them. Now I'm scared and wishing i'd know your okay and everything will be alright. But thats not how it works. That would be fair and i'd be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Ah what a cool theme. And I know the feeling. I think the only good thing is that the pain becomes duller as the days, months, years go by without them. When I was younger I would block everyone out, but now I choose to be vulnerable to feel more, risk more. In the long run, I think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete